Friday, May 4, 2012
IPad App Reviews 1
One app I use a lot with my son is call distant suns. There is a free version and a version you pay for. The free version is fine for the novice star gazer. I like this one compared to some of the others I have tried. The all show you the stars in relation to where you are holding your phone. It gives you the names of the stars their constellations, shows you the picture the stars form, gives you major star names galaxies etc. The reason I like this app over the others however, is that it also gives you the layman's term for the star or constellation such as north star and big dipper. It also gives you a brief description, history or story behind what it is talking about. It is fun for both kids and adults. My son and I will even lay on the floor inside and hold the phone up and see what stars should be outside that night. Its a great app for any age. It gives some history mythology science and astronomy and can be used as part of a lesson in any of those classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment