Name: Date:
1. What is the event or issue that inspired the cartoon?
Patriot act
2. Are there any real people or places in the cartoon? If not, what images are portrayed in the cartoon?
Abe Lincoln
3. Identify the specific artistic techniques used in the cartoon (i.e., symbolism, analogy, exaggeration, labeling, andirony). What is the artist trying to show the reader by using these techniques?
I tried to use symbolism using Lincoln as the liberator and then irony. Irony was used showing how hero’s like Lincoln and soldiers fight for freedoms while our government fights to take them away
I tried to use symbolism using Lincoln as the liberator and then irony. Irony was used showing how hero’s like Lincoln and soldiers fight for freedoms while our government fights to take them away
4. What is the cartoonist's point of view about the topic portrayed in the cartoon? Give examples to support your
They feel the patriot act has taken away freedoms from the American people.
I don't think you answered question #3.
ReplyDelete