"They
have to be exposed directly and indirectly in many ways to such innovative and
creative learning styles.Henceforth, it is beyond doubt that the learning
styles which involved the use of the latest technology have to be introduced
directly and indirectly in the early years or stage of learning i.e from
kindergartens until the tertiary level of learning irrespectively.Accessibility
of knowledge will be easy if such innovative and creative use of technology are
fully provided and utilized.At this juncture, I fervently believe that the
developed countries will always be at an advantage as compared with the
developing or the third world countries."
I truly believe that students need to be exposed to technology as early as possible as often as possible. I am also a realist. I see the rural surroundings and lower income families that make up our area. I know that a majority of my students may not have access to reliable or any Internet if they even have a computer at home. I also see that the state is trying to over come these issues in the schools with new programs and software that will allow students to have more access and time with today's technology. If we ever hope to improve our state we have to start with our education system
Here is a video about West Virginia's new plan to integrate technology into the classroom.
Bonk, C. (2007, November 17). Web 2.0 and emerging learning technologies/learning styles. Retrieved from http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Web_2.0_and_Emerging_Learning_Technologies/Learning_Styles
ARCC. (Designer). (2010). Techsteps in west virginia. [Web Video]. Retrieved from http://wvde.state.wv.us/player.php?m=f&vid=teach21/techstepsinwv
I'm glad you are emphasizing the importance of schools leveling the playing field in terms of access to technology!
ReplyDelete5/5