Those hollowed artifacts- the Thomas Pynchon novel and the Michael Titchie film-had a place in earlier social environments. While they may one day resurface as relevant, they are now chiefly of interest to cultural historians. But digital video and Web politics are intellectually robust and stimulating, profitable and even pleasurable.
Maybe as a older student my outlook is a little different but I see all forms as relevant. Also the fact that I am going to be a history teacher may also skew my opinion on what is relevant. I feel that no matter the field we choose to go into we must adapt and adjust to the changes in technology therefore encouraging children to use and become familiar with all forms of tech is vital. Even auto mechanics today can not simply pull out a Craftsman wrench and go to work. On board diagnostics and electronic codes are over half of what they do now. Technology is here to stay like it or not. That being said I still like the way a real book feels in my hand and the way my hand flows over paper when I am free writing. Accepting and adapting whats new doesn't mean we have to get rid of what has worked in the past. The key is finding the happy medium.
http://youtu.be/ivxDYSmGjHc
(2008). Auto repair: Ford obd-1 trouble code tutorial (1 of 2). (2008). [Web Video]. Retrieved from http://youtu.be/ivxDYSmGjHc
No comments:
Post a Comment