Wednesday, January 18, 2012


I am a life long resident of Taylor County WV and hope to eventually teach history and political science at Grafton High.  As the parent of a child with extreme ADHD I have learned the hard way not all students learn the same and the it is the responsibility of the teacher to find ways to accommodate all learners.  During my 30 hour classroom observation I used various media files and power point to teach a class about the youth culture during the jazz age of the 1920's these included audio files of the new music and  video clips of the Charleston and other popular dances.  Often we also found it useful to allow the students to use their phones to look up additional information to clarify points or expand on information presented.  While I do feel that technology in the classroom can be a distraction I also see that it can be very useful and that it is up to the instructor to find the happy medium.

1 comment: